Weekly study6 hours
Digital Media Analytics: Social Media Research Plans
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Prepare to analyse social media
Analysing social media can be a complicated process. How do you plan your research? What methods can you use?
Get answers to these questions and more with this course. You will learn the basics of quantitive research to analyse social media. You will learn how to turn word-based questions into useful data. You will also explore how to turn hunches into testable propositions, concepts and variables.
- Building a research plan to analyse social media behavior.
- Understanding the market research process.
- The steps of market research.
- Developing descriptive research methods.
- Writing and delivering great marketing research reports.
- Analysing social media data.
- Getting familiar with Excel sheets and formulas.
- Interpreting social media data.
- Advanced quantitative tests.
- Statistical functions.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Produce a social media research plan
- Identify methods for collecting and analysing Twitter data
- Compare, contrast and relate variables to form predictive models
- Apply the basic rules of social media analysis
- Produce quantifiable data from social media
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to participate. To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have access to Excel and that you have a Twitter account; install or access TAGS- (https://tags.hawksey.info/get-tags/); use a laptop or desktop computer. You will also need to know some technology and statistics.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.